Our Philosophy

Wisdom begins with wonder - by Socrates

To cherish the joy of families and the many different ways they come to us.

With Te Whaariki and Kei Tua o te Pae as guidelines, we recognise that each and every child is competent and capable, and we will adapt our pedagogy to support all learning. Theorists of human behaviour, Piaget, Vygotsky and Bronfennrenner, underpin our assessment and evaluation of children's learning.




Our Blog

Our Blog - An interective environment that enhances children's learning.

We value your input, comments, questions and stories. Please add a comment to any post that you are interested in or speak to one of the team and they will help you.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Planting our strawberry plants

Through our professional development we met Alison who is a true inspiration for us. Recently she came to visit, and while she was here she promised to return and bring us some strawberry plants from out of her garden. True to her word she returned last Tuesday and brought the strawberry plants with her. I set off into the children's 'Secret Garden' with some very willing helpers. We undid the newspaper around the strawberry plants and counted 29 of them. I stood there watching as Ollie, Jacob, Liam and Frasier started planting the strawberry plants. They each knew what to do. I was amazed at how quickly they were working and what a brilliant job they were doing too! They had everything in hand so I thought to myself I may as well take a video and share with you the planting of our strawberries. Frasier and I can't wait for summer and the strawberries to be ready for eating. Maybe Ollie, Jacob and Liam would like to come back and visit us in the summer school holidays to taste the strawberries they have planted. We would love to have you come and share your school stories with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment