Look what was found on Jo-Anne's car earlier this week. Darryn brought it into the centre to show all his friends. The children made a home for it in a bug catcher. With the long weekend coming up we thought we'd better let it go. Some children followed Maree outside and told her she should let it go in the secret garden. When Maree put the stick insect onto a tree branch something amazing happened right before the children's eyes - the stick insect started to change colour. It's body started changing from brown to green as it took on the colour of the leaves. The stick insect was camouflaging itself to protect itself from predators.
I was worried about the stick insect after I left the centre on Tuesday as I thought it would have a long, lonely stay in the home that we had made it until we returned next Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely surprise it was to see you all looking after the stick insect. I know that it will love the secret garden. How exciting to see it change colour. Well done!
(from Mandy)